Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rains

Green all around.And a little bit of brown here and there.And lots of water.Everywhere.Sparkling and beautiful.The pleasant earthy smell,stirring up feelings and memories.Yes the rains are here.Big time.
As far as i can remember i have always loved the rains.Even when they ruined my plans and my dresses.Even when i got drenched  in it on the wretched day i was wearing that white shirt,i have loved them.I dont remember the first time i ran into the showers but i have lost count of how many times i have done that.
Nothing could ever stop me from doing it.Not mom(though she tried real hard),not my friends(the one who ran into the nearest shelter at the slightest hint of rains) and finally not even my crisp white shirt.
The rains  inspire me and make me happy,they feel like little droplets of blessings and laughter that God is showering on us.
The rains depress me and make me cry too,they make memories too fresh and make me feel lonely.
I have innumerable memories of rain.
Be it the time when i went directly to our apartment's terrace from school and got myself soaked to bones,coz i was afraid to face Dad after my bad results.
Be it the time i tried to catch the falling rain drops on my face by leaning on my balcony railings.
Be it the time i stood inside my room with my nose glued to the window pane (like a three year old),looking at the crashing strings of rain,wishing i was outside.
Be it the time me and friends ran to the terrace and danced in the first showers at midnight.
Be it the time i stood alone in the rains,hugging myself trying not to feel the tears that ran down my cheeks with the raindrops.
Be it the time i sat inside my room,wrapped in a bed sheet with a coffee mug in hand,listening to the sounds of rain outside and wishing i had someone to cuddle up to.
Be it the time i walked alone in the rain on the street, totally careless and psycho like, while everyone else was running hither and tither for shelter.
Be it the time i lay down on the roof, with the rain hitting me on the face and dreamed about all the insensible things.
Be it the time i was enjoying the rain and a car went by and splashed me all over and i yelled,"bloody weirdo" at it and it turned out he was my chemistry teacher.
So many memories.And every year new ones keep getting added to it.And the list goes on.When people curse the rain,I smile inside and say to it,"Dont mind, they dont see how much fun you are".I keep enjoying them.It brings out the child in me.And it brings out the woman in me.Its a friend,a compatriot.The Rains...........

3 comments:

Debasish Patra said...

Rains have been accused for inspiring people way too much :)
And you are not the only one to blame.

Sneha said...

@deb.....hmmm i guess u are right!!!

Crypto Lab said...

I can remember my childhood. and it makes me cry.