Saturday, July 3, 2010

sweet sentiments

I yawn and get up from my bed and walk to the the next room (still yawning).but before i reach the next room,BANG my head slams right into the wall i thought was the door while still half asleep......OUCH!!!my eyes spring open and finally this time i wake up for real.DAMN!

As I drag my legs into the room (all the while rubbing my head),i realize something is not right.There is an eerie silence in the room.all the lights are on.there is no music coming from the laptop.but what really makes my eyes pop out and leaves my brain gasping for oxygen (i don't know if something like this is possible,but it felt like that then) is that occupants of both the beds have their eye glued to the books in front of them and are studying!i gulp,do a double take and looke at the watch........6 30  in the morning.was something wrong?did they eat something weird in dinner?no that's not possible,we ate together.so what happened really?

As i stand there taking in the scene,Swayam looks up from her book at me.Her eyes have the look that say  "Yes,how may i help you?".I say nothing,just move in and sit on the edge of her bed,but inside my head i am  shrieking,WHAT THE FUCK?While i sit there thinking if this is real or did i hit my head that bad,Monu(aka Monisha) says something to me that i miss completely.Huh?My reaction to her question.She rolls her eyes and asks me again ,"tera sab ho gaya kya?"I dint understand what she was asking at first,but as the words sink in and as I look around again, I realize what exactly is wrong.EXAMS.And then all life goes out of body!

"HOLY SHIT",I shriek (i doubt there might have been few people who did not hear me in the 10km radius).Where did the whole night go?What was i supposed to do now?I have a paper in exactly 3 hours and I have not studied one bit (okay maybe i have studied just ONE bit).Whatever happened to the alarm I had set?(At that exact moment I felt like breaking my cell into one million beautiful pieces).The room was swirling around me.How could I sleep through the night?As my senses come back to me,i realize the population in the room has increased from three earlier to five now.Gayatri and Meenakshi have joined us and all four of them were looking at me with careful and guarded expressions.I know they were waiting for me to explode ( that would have been a very "me" reaction) but all i do is just gulp to wet my dry throat and ask in a voice that dint sound like it belonged to me,"What do i do now?"

 Rewinding back,to the evening before,everything had been the usual.I had acoustics the next day and I had not started studying yet.Normal and usual!I had spent the whole evening chatting with my friends mentioned earlier.I don't know what the catalyst is but the night before the exam seems to be the most wonderful night to discuss every non-significant and significant detail in every one's life.We had all huddled on two beds and were chatting.None of us was least bothered that there was something called the exam the next day(though we all did have a pile of notes in our hands).God!I love my hostel life.I had great room mates (great sense of humor,great personalities,great looks and great asses too!),I had one corner completely to myself (something not everyone in hostel can boast of!),there were no bitches around (helped coz i dint have to use my precious nails then)........and to top it all of i had a balcony attached to my room!but coming back to the reason I best loved my hostel life was...my roomies.I got some kick ass ones.Guys you made my life rocking!This is an ode to you.To swayam,who was always there to make me laugh with her antics and offer a shoulder to cry,to monisha for her unbiased love and undeserving affection,to gayatri,for her never ending patience for my freaky doings,to meenakshi,for bearing with my ever ready leg pulling!Guys thanks,u made my life rocking!!

Coming back to the exam the next day.I did not screw it up.Actually taking into account the circumstances,it went pretty well.The 2 hours cramming in the morning did help.So as I come out of the exam hall laughing with my friends,I look at each of them and think about my life without them and realize there is lot worse shit that can happen than the alarm not going off the before exam night and I would not mind facing them as long as i have the silver lining of my friends!!!

4 comments:

Debasish Patra said...

LOL @ 'one million beautiful pieces'

Surprisingly, things like 'exams' always make bonds stronger ;)

Unknown said...

sabu padhiki asuchu...fir b etey nautanki!!!!! huh this blog would have justified me or kunal... he he

Sneha said...

@debashish
yeah right.no better time to bond than exams.they bring out the best and the worst in everyone!!

@sammy
thanx for reading.i m obliged.:P.aree kebe bhi sabu padhiki aseni,just luck i guess!!

gayatri said...

hmm wt to say i m feeling vry vry senti now...

feeling like hug u tightly.....