Sunday, June 8, 2008

Midnight Sky.............

I stare at it,
With a smile on my lips,
The darkness in it, glittered in my eye
As I watched the peace, the peace of
Midnight sky

There is something in it,
That triggers the strings of my heart,
The calmness in it seemed to dawn on me,
With no shine from the stars so high
I watched the charm, the charm of
Midnight sky.

A world of light,
Hidden behind its cloudy blanket
With just the moon for shine,
Seemed to speak of my suppressed emotions,
In some corner of the heart where they lie,
I watched the beauty, the beauty of
Midnight sky.

The stars so close, yet so far
Seemed to speak of the distance my love was at,
The gloom in it related to the vacuum of my life,
As I stood there, thinking of the feelings I had,
Of the moments that fly,
I watched the truth, the truth of
Midnight sky.

This is a poem composed by me (yeah I know I have great hidden talents….:d).I love nights. Mornings scare me. Yeah I bit topsy turvy people would say but then who cares about people say??? I love watching the night sky. Oh definitely not from a scientific point of view as in thinking of the formations of stars, and alignment of planets and blah blah blah……….Oh! God, heaven forbid if someone from NASA or something read this………….imagine comparing the newest discovered planet to blah blah (I suppose as a revenge they will just send me off the face of earth on the next rocket to some god forsaken “blah” planet and let me die there looking at the night sky)

But coming back, I just like to look into the philosophical (or was it psychological??) aspect of the night sky. I admire its capability of uplifting my mood in the gravest of times, its patience to listen to my ranting without any complaint or to my blabbering about everything and nothing.

I like looking into the darkness…………..seeing the stars shining here and there. It gives me immense pleasure. A kind of pleasure that words can’t describe. Looking at the sky at night somehow makes everything else around seem so small. It’s so vast………..looking at it makes me forget all my troubles. I feel so insignificant and I can’t begin to say how good that feels. For that moment I can be absolutely myself. No one else matters. I don’t need any facade for that moment. It’s kind of good to be with oneself ……………to be immersed in ones own thoughts…………….to dream and then look at the sky and believe the dreams can come true………

When I lay down at night,
When stars shine,
When the moon sparkles,
When the wind blows,
When my fav song comes on,
When you hold onto my hand,
When you give me that special smile,
When everything else crashes around,
When I don’t know what’s ahead,
I have a little hope……………..

This unfortunately isn’t one of my composition….L..but a little hope, a little dream and a little bit of the vast dark sky…………….its enough to pull me through…………

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW.........IS IT REALLY YOU.......
i am so shocked.......
how can u be so similar to me????????
i felt it was me........
now i realise people dont look what they are.......
u have awed me so much....!!!!!!!!
u wrote it beautifully........
the poem was excellent,yes hun......u have hidden talents......
and the humour that followed .......lol....
i see Upasana really chooses her friends......
btw incase u didnt get it by my pet name...its me ....
keep 'em comin:):):):)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debasish Patra said...

Intersting I must say!

Thanks for dropping by :)